Error: Could not compile query: empty prepared query

Support forum for our fast, user-friendly offline Chinese language study apps for Google Android devices:

Hanping Chinese Dictionary (Lite & Pro)
Hanping Cantonese Dictionary
Hanping Chinese Camera
Hanping Chinese Popup
jnelson

Error: Could not compile query: empty prepared query

Post by jnelson »

I keep getting this error notice when I type anything in search. I bought the dictionaries Chinese-English, English-Chinese and have receipts for them but I'm guessing they havnt downloaded because nothing is coming up. It recognizes characters I draw but that's about it. I'm far from an expert with phone apps so I'm a bit confused right now. I've paid for all of this and nothings working :( . Hopefully they will download eventually, any help much appreciated!

hanping
Site Admin

Re: Error: Could not compile query: empty prepared query

Post by hanping »

Hi - it sounds like your dictionary data file has become corrupted.

Please delete this file on your SD card: /Android/data/com.embemitre.dictroid/zh/dicts/cccedict.dsd

This should trigger the redownloading of this dictionary.

I'm not sure why the other dictionaries have not automatically downloaded. First, I would check that you are using the correct Google account with Google Play. To do this, run the Play Store app > Menu button > Accounts. The account should be the same one you used to purchase the dictionaries. Also, which country sim card are you using?

Once you have tried the above (and it has not helped), please read this.

Please send an email to [email protected] for further support.