Feature Requests

Support forum for our fast, user-friendly offline Chinese language study apps for Google Android devices:

Hanping Chinese Dictionary (Lite & Pro)
Hanping Cantonese Dictionary
Hanping Chinese Camera
Hanping Chinese Popup
hanping
Site Admin

Re: Feature Requests

Post by hanping »

Improved searching of user words/notes is actually under development, so please look out for that in a future update.

davch

Post by davch »

hp needs etymology addon -- to identify root radical and decompose to character elements: phonetic and semantic. The only reason I go to pleco is to look up radical decomposition.

I was just playing around SmartHanzi app and initial use really like the EDHCC dictionary sections that categorize character elements.

hanping
Site Admin

Post by hanping »

Hi, thank you for your feedback. I'm aware of the SmartHanzi app and have seen occasional reference to the EDHCC dictionary, for example here.

Definitely etymology is something I'm interested in including, but I have a couple of other things to tackle first.

Feel free to email us if you would like to share more detailed feedback. Thanks again!

ying

Post by ying »

Please consider making an iOS app. I'm moving to iPhone and a lot of my friends who are learning Putonghua/Cantonese have iPhone. This is, honestly, the best Putonghua and Cantonese dictionary.

macio787

Post by macio787 »

How about more options for anki support? Adding starred words is great but managing them is a bit of a pain. Creating decks based on tags would be much more awesome!

hanping
Site Admin

Post by hanping »

Hi and thank you for your suggestion! Yes, this comes up occasionally, so it's something I will look at. The original idea was that you can do everything with tags (because Anki has an option to filter decks by tags) so it seemed unnecessary. But for organisational purposes, I can see there is benefit.

Murezo

Post by Murezo »

ying wrote:
18 Jul 2020, 11:56
Please consider making an iOS app. I'm moving to iPhone and a lot of my friends who are learning Putonghua/Cantonese have iPhone. This is, honestly, the best Putonghua and Cantonese dictionary.
Yes, I would love to have it on my Ipad actually. Would really help me to learn Cantonese faster. I live in Greece and started to talk to some people from China here. Most of them got Greece investment visa and are working and living here.

svenni

Post by svenni »

My suggestions (regarding the Dictionary Pro app):
* A toggle in Settings to enable automatic keyboard popup when using Android back navigation button from the search results page. Current functionality: navigating back from the results page takes us to the history list, but does not not pop the virtual keyboard up.
* Option to change the accent colour.

hanping
Site Admin

Post by hanping »

Thanks!

1. keyboard popup. I'll look into this. If I remember correctly, this becomes annoying because often you just want to back out of the app, and so this would add an extra tap. I'll try again though, and if it seems to work reasonably well, could add a setting.

2. accent colour: I try to keep the settings as simple as possible so only (what I feel are) the most useful toggles are included.

revola

Post by revola »

Hi! I've been a fan of this application for almost a year :D
Most words are included and so there aren't problems within searching.

In the Android version, could the Song font or other font like Heiti be added? I get bit tired of watching Kaiti in some occations.

Also it is a trivial question, but could you update the phrases in Chinese poetry? Most of them come out when I search, but some of them are a little hard to find.

That's all. Thank you very much for the good app!