Feature Requests

Support forum for our fast, user-friendly offline Chinese language study apps for Google Android devices:

Hanping Chinese Dictionary (Lite & Pro)
Hanping Cantonese Dictionary
Hanping Chinese Camera
Hanping Chinese Popup
hanping
Site Admin

Re: Feature Requests

Post by hanping »

Hi and thanks very much for your kind words!

That's a fair point regarding dragging the handle. However, only recognizing on release wouldn't work I think because sometimes small alterations in the position can have an impact on the recognition, and you want this feedback without having to release your finger. But yes, there is a big difference between dragging the handle of large distances versus micro positioning.

I'll consider this in a future update. Many thanks again.

wenku

Post by wenku »

Hi, I've recently purchased this great app and have been use it frequently. I noticed that there currently is yet a functionality to search for specific text within the starred list. I find this to be very useful when trying to find the desired word/phrase particularly in a long list of starred items - is this search function something that could be incorporated in a future update? Cheers

hanping
Site Admin

Post by hanping »

Thanks very much for the search-within-list suggestion - I'll certainly consider it.

valencez17

Post by valencez17 »

Hi, thank you for making an awesome app!

I have the "ABC Chinese-English Dictionary" add-on for Hanping Chinese Dictionary Pro ... I love the example sentences. Is there any way to make these sentences appear as front side hints for the "Pronunciation Question" Card Type exported to AnkiDroid? Otherwise, it's not always clear from the pinyin what the exact word is.

At the moment, I'm using

Code: Select all

{{#Meaning}}{{hint:Meaning}}{{/Meaning}}
for my front template. However, this is sometimes too much information. An example sentence like "Blah blah blab ____ blab blab" would serve as a better hint for me. Thanks!

hanping
Site Admin

Post by hanping »

Thank you for the suggestion. We'll definitely consider it!

Brandondavi

Post by Brandondavi »

It's a very minor issue but would it be possible to have another option for an even darker night mode, or rather, a slider that changes that contrast between the text and background to your liking?

hanping
Site Admin

Post by hanping »

It's probably not worth having a whole new mode, but I'll look into whether the existing night mode contrast can be improved. Thanks very much for your suggestion!

白盛途

Post by 白盛途 »

Hello Hanping,

I've been using your Cantonese dictionary for quite a while now and I really love it. I've noticed that you have an offline camera version to detect Chinese characters but only in Mandarin. Any luck to see a version that would work with the Cantonese dictionary?

Thank you for this great app. 白盛途 :)

hanping
Site Admin

Post by hanping »

Hi and thank you for your message! Both our Camera and Popup apps work seamlessly with both our Mandarin and Cantonese dictionary apps. For the Camera app this is controlled via the Hanping Camera settings. For the Popup app, this is controlled via a toggle in the popup itself.

All our apps and in-app purchases come with a 30-day no-questions-asked refund policy, so feel free to give them a try and then send us an email (for issuing a refund) if you are not totally satisfied.

Happy New Year!

Xiaofei88

Post by Xiaofei88 »

I'm not sure if this feature is already available but if you have the Wenlin chinese dictionary add on is it possible to import the sentences with the word to Anki using the star feature?