Feature Requests

Support forum for our fast, user-friendly offline Chinese language study apps for Google Android devices:

Hanping Chinese Dictionary (Lite & Pro)
Hanping Cantonese Dictionary
Hanping Chinese Camera
Hanping Chinese Popup
redeleted

Re: Feature Requests

Post by redeleted »

Hi!
Just another request from a Windows phone user.

Windows phones (nokia) are really good. I've been using one for about a year now, but getting one has been the worst for my Chinese language skills.
The available dictionaries are all utterly useless (imo). Any update on Hanping plans now that Windows 10 is out?
I'm getting desperate!
Hanping is the best, especially how I can paste a slab of text into it and check the meaning of the words I need to.

hanping
Site Admin

Post by hanping »

Hi - many thanks for your message. It's very useful to know the level of interest in a Windows Phone version. No resources to make something in the near future, however...

Minish Man

Post by Minish Man »

Hi, I'm on Android 5.1. Awesome software, night mode is the best, I can't tell you how quickly my Chinese has improved since the Popup app launched.

My one main problem with the app is with starred words. I have too many now, and lots of words and phrases that I starred 2 years ago when I was just starting out. The only way I can find is to scroll all the way to the bottom of the list (mine is 600+) which doesn't all load in one go, so it takes a few swipes and some waiting, click on an entry, then on the next screen un-star it, then press back, and I'm back at the top of my starred list. I just don't have time to do this...

Three potential solutions:

1. Remember your position in the list of starred words between screens, so it doesn't reset to the top every.single.time.

2. Add a little star by the side of each entry in the list to 'un-star' it from right in the list, maybe with a second confirmation popup or 'undo' popup like gmail has.

3. let us re-order the list in the opposite way (least-recent to most-recent)

Thanks!

hanping
Site Admin

Post by hanping »

Hi - and thank you for your suggestions.

Have you tried using tags to help organising starred words?

mgreen

Post by mgreen »

How does one clear the Starred List? As far as I can tell I must go in to each word and un-star manually, which is very time consuming.

hanping
Site Admin

Post by hanping »

Do you want to remove all starred words? If so, you could just Clear Data for the app.

mgreen

Post by mgreen »

That'll work. Thanks

jacobcarl

Post by jacobcarl »

hello everyone. Is it possible to add hindi language in dictionary.
Mobile application development company Bangalore | android application development companies Bangalore

hanping
Site Admin

Post by hanping »

> hello everyone. Is it possible to add hindi language in dictionary.

Hi - the first step would be to find a freely available Chinese-Hindi dictionary data source. After that, I will consider it!

fedusa

Post by fedusa »

Long time user of all the apps and really appreciate the support and new features that keep popping up.

Is it possible to get a quick switch feature between Hanping C and Hanping Pro? I use both apps and its a 4 step process to view the same translated phrases/words in the other app when it should be one. Something like an instagram-like 3-D touch feature would be great!

Same for the Popup app, its really unintuitive to go into the app settings and toggle back and forth. Another gripe with the Popup app is the cursor, it should flip directions when nearing an edge. I find myself constantly nudging the cursor when reading words close to the left edge.

Also, any chance for more Canto dictionaries added?