Feature Requests

Support forum for our fast, user-friendly offline Chinese language study apps for Google Android devices:

Hanping Chinese Dictionary (Lite & Pro)
Hanping Cantonese Dictionary
Hanping Chinese Camera
Hanping Chinese Popup
hanping
Site Admin

Re: Feature Requests

Post by hanping »

Hi Bernard. I can't seem to find that word in any of my Chinese dictionaries or any online dictionaries. The idioms in Hanping's "idioms" lists are all 4-character idioms and also only cover the 1500 most common idioms (all of which appear in the CC-CEDICT dictionary). You can always suggest new words to the CC-CEDICT editors: http://cc-cedict.org/wiki/

Thank you very much for your kind words and support!

Mark

Post by Mark »

Text selection sharing with Hanping.
When I select a Chinese text in browser and share it with Hanping Pro then for some Chinese characters I am getting "variant of (the same character)".
This is a little bit annoying. For instance try with this: ju liaojie 据了解
Otherwise, I enjoy this application very much.

Wes

Post by Wes »

Long time user, brilliant app.

Can there please be a way to merge starred-word backups?

Over the years I have made a few backups, and at times the app has unexplainedly lost my starred words, and I haven't noticed until I've already starred several hundred more.

If one could merge multiple word list backups I could have access to my entire list of starred words :)

Thanks!!

alsaqal

Post by alsaqal »

I was wondering if the will show strike order for the hanzi

hanping
Site Admin

Post by hanping »

Hi, I'm sorry for the late reply. Only just seen these last few posts thanks to forum email notifications not working properly :(

@Mark - Hmm, I've seen some similar problem in Hanping Camera regarding "variant" entries appearing before more useful ones. I will look into it.
@Wes - I'm sorry there is currently no way to merge starred lists. We are planning to improve import/export soon however.
@alsaqal - Stroke animations are most certainly on the ToDo list!

danielcschweizer

Post by danielcschweizer »

would be great if starred vocab could be read as a list (and even better: say, repeat each word x times, whole list x times). Made learning new vocab while driving etc. much easier

ngaanfan

Post by ngaanfan »

Not sure if this is the right place... So pleased to finally have a great Cantonese dictionary offline on my devise. After using it for awhile some things I noticed, wondered about or wished for;

-back button issues already noted in this thread

-CantoDict has an 'Intial/Final' search variable which I've always found I've used a lot and couldn't find in Hanping.

-Love the audio feature and use constantly but on longer stings of characters its agonizingly slow. The slow speed is great for getting tones on a couple of characters but wondering if could have a speed toggle fast/slow.

-Starred Lists would love the sound icon to be to the right of each character line item so that when studying the list it's not necessary to click into each one.

-just wondered about the inclusion of 'The Dictionary of Cantonese Slang' content used here https://writecantonese8.wordpress.com/2 ... completed/ to build out colloquial phrases and idiom lists etc

Thanks for a fantastic product!

hanping
Site Admin

Post by hanping »

danielcschweizer wrote:would be great if starred vocab could be read as a list (and even better: say, repeat each word x times, whole list x times). Made learning new vocab while driving etc. much easier
Do you mean flashcard functionality? We are looking into this.
ngaanfan wrote:-back button issues already noted in this thread
Which issues are those?
ngaanfan wrote:-CantoDict has an 'Intial/Final' search variable which I've always found I've used a lot and couldn't find in Hanping.
I didn't know about this. Will look into it to see if it is feasible to include in Hanping.
ngaanfan wrote:-Love the audio feature and use constantly but on longer stings of characters its agonizingly slow. The slow speed is great for getting tones on a couple of characters but wondering if could have a speed toggle fast/slow.
This will be improved in the next update.
ngaanfan wrote:-Starred Lists would love the sound icon to be to the right of each character line item so that when studying the list it's not necessary to click into each one.
As a workaround, you can step through the words from the Details screen (using the up/down arrows). This is at least better than jumping between Search and Details screens.
ngaanfan wrote:-just wondered about the inclusion of 'The Dictionary of Cantonese Slang' content used here https://writecantonese8.wordpress.com/2 ... completed/ to build out colloquial phrases and idiom lists etc
Ah yes, I had heard about this but had not had a chance to look into this yet. Will do so soon.
ngaanfan wrote:Thanks for a fantastic product!
You're very welcome. Thank you so much for your support!

Marc

Post by Marc »

Hi!

First of all, thank you very much for this awesome app.

Would be great to have Hanping dicyionary embedded on a widget. In combination with other apps such Overlays and similars we could have the dictionary always on top and run two apps at the same time, that would be great for assisted chat on messaging apps, better definition checks when read chinese epub's and so on, easy writing for chinese speeches and so on. Of course, it must have also pasteboard reader function.

Thank you!

hanping
Site Admin

Post by hanping »

Thank you for your suggestion - it's something that we have been (and still are!) considering.