Feature Requests

Support forum for our fast, user-friendly offline Chinese language study apps for Google Android devices:

Hanping Chinese Dictionary (Lite & Pro)
Hanping Cantonese Dictionary
Hanping Chinese Camera
Hanping Chinese Popup
hanping
Site Admin

Re: Feature Requests

Post by hanping »

@hiten Hanping Chinese Dictionary Pro 3.5.1 includes more details in ABC abbreviation details - please try it out.

vwalker

Post by vwalker »

Hi there. First off, I LOVE this app! It is SO useful. I recommend it to every Chinese learner I meet. I have the Hanping Pro version, and am honored to pay the very reasonable fee.

I have a suggestion. How about adding a control to turn auto rotate of the screen on and off? I could set it in the operating system (Android), but it would interfere with my browser and YouTube, which I oftentimes DO want to auto rotate. But I NEVER want Hanping to auto rotate. So, a control to turn off that behavior would be much appreciated.

Thanks very much!

Vic

hanping
Site Admin

Post by hanping »

Thanks for the feedback. I actually don't think this can easily be done (from a programming perspective). But I will look into it.

Alternatively, you might want to try out some custom roms - I think I've heard that some allow you to control this on an app-by-app basis.

Albannach

Post by Albannach »

When using the English-Mandarin function, it would be very helpful to have the non-US forms of words that in US English are conflated, so that it would be possible to search more precisely. It may not be possible to select this as an option, but adding the additional common spelling should be trivial and would remove ambiguity.

E.g. storey (level of a building) as well as story (tale): US English uses "story" for both; programme (TV or radio broadcast) as well as program (computer software): US English uses "program" for both.

hanping
Site Admin

Post by hanping »

Thanks! I'll look into it for a future release.

tinmar

Post by tinmar »

Hi, I live in Shanghai and really, really, reallyreallyreally love your app, which is pretty much the most useful and common thing that my phone does for me (maybe on a par with text messages). I bought it very soon after installing it on my first android smartphone 3 or so years ago, and have not regretted this once.

There are two features that I would almost kill for:
- having the ability to add user notes to words, for when you learn a word and want to add some context, e.g. "used in this and that situation..."
- having the ability to add new words to the dictionary, because well... Chinese is a vast and evolving language, and as good as your DB is, it can't cover everything, especially when you start learning slang or specialized vocabulary e.g. the dictionary has 击掌 (high five), but not 碰拳 (fist bump).

Adding these features would be amazingly awesome.

hanping
Site Admin

Post by hanping »

Hi - I'm very sorry about the slow response and the general forum contacting issues. This is mostly because of a huge amount of spam our website received recently.

Thanks very much for your suggestions. Those are both on our ToDo list which we are steadily working our way through!

You can always email us at [email protected]

gt62it

Post by gt62it »

Hello.
For professional reasons I will adopt a Windows tablet.
The one thing I will regret is missing the Hanping app.
Do you have any plan to release/beta an Hangping app for Windows?
thanks

hanping
Site Admin

Post by hanping »

Hi - I'm sorry, but no immediate plans to release a version for Windows. If the demand becomes much greater, we will certainly consider it.

Bernard

Post by Bernard »

My chinese teacher sometimes teaches me new idioms or more rarely words that are not in your very good product. How could I suggest you new entries ? Exemple : yu shi bian that means according to her and or I didn't misunderstood: that's the reason why. Thanks and bravo for your wonderful product.