Feature Requests

Support forum for our fast, user-friendly offline Chinese language study apps for Google Android devices:

Hanping Chinese Dictionary (Lite & Pro)
Hanping Cantonese Dictionary
Hanping Chinese Camera
Hanping Chinese Popup
SebastianGoeb

Re: Feature Requests

Post by SebastianGoeb »

macio787 wrote:
19 Sep 2020, 10:48
How about more options for anki support? Adding starred words is great but managing them is a bit of a pain. Creating decks based on tags would be much more awesome!
I'm also struggling with this, because while Hanping comes with premade hsk1-6 tags, they are no use to me unless I manually star all 5000 cards, which is a pain. However, I'd suggest a bulk edit/star function instead of building an entirely new card management system. All that's needed is, inside the tagged item list, long press -> select all -> star/unstar. I actually like the idea of syncing starred items and Anki cards, so I don't think anything needs to be done about how Hanping interacts with Anki.

One more thing I would suggest, though, is to allow multiple selections (checkboxes) in the "default card type" option in the "AnkiDroid Flashcards" menu, possibly renaming it just "card types". I think most people who are serious about learning mandarin would want to learn reading, writing, and listening, not just one of these (at least I do). Yes I can re-export cards 3-5 times to enable all card types, but that's cumbersome and doesn't work for any cards starred afterwards (they only get the one default). I would much prefer to just set those card types that I want to study and never touch the setting again.

Thoughts?

hanping
Site Admin

Post by hanping »

Not sure how I missed this, but I guess a year late better than never!
revola wrote:
08 Jul 2021, 04:51
In the Android version, could the Song font or other font like Heiti be added? I get bit tired of watching Kaiti in some occations.
You can add any font you like by using the Settings / Chinese Settings / Hanzi Font preference.
revola wrote:
08 Jul 2021, 04:51
Also it is a trivial question, but could you update the phrases in Chinese poetry? Most of them come out when I search, but some of them are a little hard to find.
I'm not sure, though I'll have a think about it.

Thank you for your suggestions.

hanping
Site Admin

Post by hanping »

SebastianGoeb wrote:
08 Oct 2021, 12:26
I'm also struggling with this, because while Hanping comes with premade hsk1-6 tags, they are no use to me unless I manually star all 5000 cards, which is a pain. However, I'd suggest a bulk edit/star function instead of building an entirely new card management system. All that's needed is, inside the tagged item list, long press -> select all -> star/unstar. I actually like the idea of syncing starred items and Anki cards, so I don't think anything needs to be done about how Hanping interacts with Anki.
This is something I plan to address in the 7.1 update (i.e. not the upcoming one which is 7.0)
SebastianGoeb wrote:
08 Oct 2021, 12:26
One more thing I would suggest, though, is to allow multiple selections (checkboxes) in the "default card type" option in the "AnkiDroid Flashcards" menu, possibly renaming it just "card types". I think most people who are serious about learning mandarin would want to learn reading, writing, and listening, not just one of these (at least I do). Yes I can re-export cards 3-5 times to enable all card types, but that's cumbersome and doesn't work for any cards starred afterwards (they only get the one default). I would much prefer to just set those card types that I want to study and never touch the setting again.
I think this is also something that I'll look at for the 7.1 update.

Thanks very much for your suggestions.

VoodooGuru

Post by VoodooGuru »

I love this app! Thanks to all who work on this project.
The feature I would like to see is either placing the search box at the bottom of the screen or to create a small button at the bottom which will bring up the keyboard.
Currently, I use 2 learning apps (Duolingo and Immersive Chinese). Whenever I am presented with a new character, I switch to Hanping Pro and type in the word to look it up too learn more and add to my favorites. When I go back to the search page, the keyboard does not come up automatically so I have to reach all the way to the top of the screen to click into the search box to activate the keyboard.
I use this app on a tall phone so it would be much easier to just hit a small "keyboard" button at the bottom to show/hide the keyboard.

Thanks again for creating this fantastic tool!

rkraft

Post by rkraft »

After 12 years still my fav app and reason not to consider an iPhone :-) Thank you!

In release 7, long-press to add to the last tagged category is no longer working and I get a message "Auto custom tag - not yet implemented". Will you add this feature again? I got soo used to it...

hanping
Site Admin

Post by hanping »

This forum will be retired soon, when the upcoming website goes live. Instead, please email us for support/feedback: [email protected]