Pro Removed from my phone/want refund

Support forum for our fast, user-friendly offline Chinese language study apps for Google Android devices:

Hanping Chinese Dictionary (Lite & Pro)
Hanping Cantonese Dictionary
Hanping Chinese Camera
Hanping Chinese Popup
Kevin_S

Pro Removed from my phone/want refund

Post by Kevin_S »

I recently purchased the PRO version of the dictionary in the United States and then moved to China for a new job. A few weeks later the program mysteriously disappeared from my phone. After digging around online, I have determined that confusing licensing rules are at fault. However, I am extremely upset because:
1) I purchased it legally in the US.
2) it was removed without notification and I was forced to determine the problem myself.
3) A Chinese-English dictionary unusable in China is a pretty absurd product. The company at the very least has an obligation to warn potential users in large clear terms that this will happen. There must be many people that purchase the pro version beforing going to study in China, or taking or job or simply heading over for a few week business trip.

So, what recourses do I have? Assuming that I can't use this product, what refund policy does the company have. It was on my phone for less than two weeks, altogether.

Extremely disatisfied,
Kevin

hanping
Site Admin

Re: Pro Removed from my phone/want refund

Post by hanping »

Hi Kevin,

You are probably experiencing a bug in the Android Market. Sadly, users and developers both have to struggle with a whole variety of issues which are taking way to long to get fixed by the Android Market team.

Rest assured that there are hundreds of Hanping Pro users who have purchased the app outside of China and successfully continued to use it inside China. This is how it should work. You purchase the app once and can use it forever more no matter where you are located. The disappearance of the app from your phone is something completely beyond our control and, like I said, is most likely an Android Market bug.

Do you really want a refund or would you just like to continue using the app as before? If it is the latter, then we can try to help you fix the missing app. The first thing I would do is check I am using the same Google account that I used to purchase the app (In the Market app, press the Menu button and select Accounts). If that's not the problem then simply repurchase the app and request a refund (from us) for the original purchase (quoting both Google Checkout order ids).

Please send us an email to discuss this in more detail: [email protected]