Creating, renaming and deleting user lists

Support forum for our fast, user-friendly offline Chinese language study apps for Google Android devices:

Hanping Chinese Dictionary (Lite & Pro)
Hanping Cantonese Dictionary
Hanping Chinese Camera
Hanping Chinese Popup
neilcperks

Creating, renaming and deleting user lists

Post by neilcperks »

Just purchased version 2.5.3 and trying to follow your user guide. Most I follow ok, but I cannot find how to carry out any of the following quoted in your guide.

"User lists can be created, renamed or deleted in the second screen -> Menu -> Active User List. Try long-pressing on a user list to perform an action on it. When you create a new user list, it will automatically be set as the Active User List."

I cannot find any such location as "second screen -> Menu -> Active User List", nor can I find any other way of creating, and thus, renaming or deleting user lists.

I'm sure I'm missing something obvious, but I don't know what ?

Cheers

Neil

hanping
Site Admin

Re: Creating, renaming and deleting user lists

Post by hanping »

Hi Neil - sorry, I completely missed this message.

The docs are a little out of date unfortunately. A while back "User List" became "Starred List" and the concept of "Active User List" no longer exists. Instead, there is an optional "default tag" which is applied every time your Star a word.

On the second screen you need to long-press on the star icon. This brings up a dialog box that allows you to create, delete and rename tags. Try long-pressing on a tag name to do the last two of those.

UPDATE 2018: The "default tag" feature is no longer available.