some functionality lost moving from 2.0 to 2.3

Support forum for our fast, user-friendly offline Chinese language study apps for Google Android devices:

Hanping Chinese Dictionary (Lite & Pro)
Hanping Cantonese Dictionary
Hanping Chinese Camera
Hanping Chinese Popup
mfc

some functionality lost moving from 2.0 to 2.3

Post by mfc »

Under 2.0, I could just put the widget on my desktop to get into the dictionary, so that I only need one icon on my desktop.
Once I pressed the widget, if I wanted to go to the dictionary, I just pressed something (can't remember what - maybe search) to go into the main dictionary home screen to enter a new search word.

But in 2.3, when I press the widget and am in the widget screen, I can't get to the main dictionary home screen to enter a search. So now I need 2 icons on my desk - one for the widget, one for the application.

I am not sure if this got lost in 2.2 or 2.3 as I *think* I went straight from 2.0 to 2.3 when the market (and thus updates for paid apps) became available in HK.

btw, the little 'next' button on the widget, and the ability to have my own lists in the widget, is very nice.

A separate question: any plans to add the history feature?
(cf 1st and 3rd posts on page 4 of feature requests).

hanping
Site Admin

Re: some functionality lost moving from 2.0 to 2.3

Post by hanping »

@mfc - many apologies, I completely missed this post.

You just need to click on the Hanping mini icon (top-left part of widget) to jump straight to the search page.

Yes, the History feature is on the to-do list. I'm working on something else right now, but that's pretty high on the list of priorities.

hanping
Site Admin

Re: some functionality lost moving from 2.0 to 2.3

Post by hanping »

In case you missed it, the History feature was added a couple of months ago...