Hanping Popup Security

Support forum for our fast, user-friendly offline Chinese language study apps for Google Android devices:

Hanping Chinese Dictionary (Lite & Pro)
Hanping Cantonese Dictionary
Hanping Chinese Camera
Hanping Chinese Popup
CGL

Hanping Popup Security

Post by CGL »

Hi Hanping Team, I'm wondering about the popup feature security. It's handy to have it always on, sitting there on my screen ready to drag to any Chinese text I come across on web pages or in photos, but I guess that means I'm ALWAYS casting my screen? Are you capturing everything and passing it back to your servers? i.e. password inputs, video calls, private messages

hanping
Site Admin

Re: Hanping Popup Security

Post by hanping »

Hi and thank you for your feedback. Hanping Popup takes a single screenshot when you touch the handle. This is why the recognition will not work if the underlying screen changes while you are dragging the handle around. We don't send any information back to our servers other than the usual error reports and usage statistics which you control in the "Help improve Hanping" section of Hanping Popup's settings.

CGL

Post by CGL »

Thanks very much for the quick clarification. I just tried and now see what you mean about the single screenshot on touching the handle. Question was driven by an Android system update and new generic warning message that came up when switching the handle on. All good, nothing further thanks. :)

hanping
Site Admin

Post by hanping »

Thanks!