How to buy/update/reinstall Android apps in China or on devices without Google Play Store?

Support forum for our fast, user-friendly offline Chinese language study apps for Google Android devices:

Hanping Chinese Dictionary (Lite & Pro)
Hanping Cantonese Dictionary
Hanping Chinese Camera
Hanping Chinese Popup
hanping
Site Admin

Re: How to buy/update/reinstall paid apps? in China?

Post by hanping »

Thanks very much for reporting back. That's interesting that the foreign sim card trick partially worked. It may have stopped working because of a cached configuration file.

You wouldn't believe how many hours I've spent testing/debugging the in-app and licensing scenarios. Problem is, as soon as I get a solution/workaround nailed down, Google goes and changes something in its backend!

michael_tyler

Post by michael_tyler »

Hey mark,

I've written a little blog which may help some of the people who wish to access Google Play Store in China.

It gives clear instructions on how to install the 'Play' files and allow purchase of paid and unpaid apps from any locale (including China).

You can find it here. http://www.michaeltyler.co.uk/access-go ... any-phone/

I hope it helps your users.

Regards,

Mike.

hanping
Site Admin

Post by hanping »

Thanks Mike. It should be noted here that those instructions are only for rooted devices. But this is nevertheless very useful information, so thanks again.

J_Z

Re: How to buy/update/reinstall Android apps in China?

Post by J_Z »

I'm in Taiwan. I have an Android phone from mainland China with a Taiwan sim card. I downloaded the Pro version from the Amazon app store. Upon install there was an error, but I'm able to use Pro features except for the audio. When I press the audio icon I get a message "audio playback is pro only" even though I'm using Pro!

hanping
Site Admin

Post by hanping »

Sorry, I missed your message earlier. I've never heard of that message coming from the Amazon AppStore version. Are you sure you are not using the version from Google Play? Please email us at [email protected]

adelinegray72

Post by adelinegray72 »

That PureVPN paid app works for me in China. I highly recommend the use of it

https://www.purevpn.com/servers/china-vpn