AnkiDroid and Hanping : Sorting cards in dictionaries

Support forum for our fast, user-friendly offline Chinese language study apps for Google Android devices:

Hanping Chinese Dictionary (Lite & Pro)
Hanping Cantonese Dictionary
Hanping Chinese Camera
Hanping Chinese Popup
bob

AnkiDroid and Hanping : Sorting cards in dictionaries

Post by bob »

Hello everyone,

First of all I'd like to thank everyone involved in the development of Hanping, it's a really great app and i'm making a lot of progress using it !

I just started to use try and use the AnkiDroid Flashcard part of the application but I'm having an issue with something which seem simple.

I'd like to import the cards in different dictionaries regarding the kind of question the card ask. For instance, I would like to have a dictionary with in Question the english word and in Answer the pinyin, and an other dictionary with the opposite (or the chinese character).

I noticed that i can export a specific kind of card (Meaning, Pronunciation,...) but in the Anki app, I don't manage to sort the meaning card in one deck (or sub-deck), etc.

Given the nature of the notes created by Hanping, it seemed easy to me, but after 2 hours of unsuccessful attempts, I'm not that sure anymore...

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks,
Bob

hanping
Site Admin

Re: AnkiDroid and Hanping : Sorting cards in dictionaries

Post by hanping »

Hi Bob, thank you for your message and compliment!

It's probably more efficient if you send us an email: [email protected] to discuss this in detail.

But in short, yes, all exported Anki flashcards are currently placed in the same deck and I can't find a way to get AnkiDroid to break them out into separate decks. It might be worth asking the AnkiDroid team if there is a way to achieve what you really want because maybe, for example, you can study by card type rather than having to have those types in their own deck.