Main menu can't be opened again after closing Android app

Support forum for our fast, user-friendly offline Chinese language study apps for Google Android devices:

Hanping Chinese Dictionary (Lite & Pro)
Hanping Cantonese Dictionary
Hanping Chinese Camera
Hanping Chinese Popup
skosch

Main menu can't be opened again after closing Android app

Post by skosch »

Hi! Thanks for providing the only usable Canto offline dictionary there is — truly great work, and well worth supporting!

I'm on Android Lollipop, running 5.0.7 from Google Play. I have noticed that I can't open the main menu (left sidebar drawer) once I've used the app, closed it, and reopened it. It's permanently closed. Force-killing the app and restarting it allows me to re-open the menu.

I'd be grateful if you could look into this before the next release! Thanks again. :)

hanping
Site Admin

Re: Main menu can't be opened again after closing Android app

Post by hanping »

Thank you for your kind words!

I'm not sure how much I can do regarding that bug, because the app is only using standard Android libraries for the side drawer. However, please send us an email: [email protected] (better to send from within the app's About screen so we can see your device details) and I will look into it.

Rutheford

Post by Rutheford »

hanping wrote:
06 Oct 2016, 14:56
Thank you for your kind words!

I'm not sure how much I can do regarding that bug, because the app is only using standard Android libraries for the side drawer. However, please send us an email: [email protected] (better to send from within the app's About screen so we can see your device details) and I will look into it.
I noticed this bug too. Not all the time though.
Last edited by Rutheford on 15 Oct 2021, 17:18, edited 3 times in total.

hanping
Site Admin

Post by hanping »

Hi @Rutheford. Which version of Android are you using?