Will there ever be an iOS/iPhone Version?

Support forum for our fast, user-friendly offline Chinese language study apps for Google Android devices:

Hanping Chinese Dictionary (Lite & Pro)
Hanping Cantonese Dictionary
Hanping Chinese Camera
Hanping Chinese Popup
Erniewong

Will there ever be an iOS/iPhone Version?

Post by Erniewong »

Hi,

I am switching from Android to iOS. I've been using Hanping for years and would love to continue to use it on my new iPhone.

Does anyone know if Hanping will ever be ported to iOS/iPhone? I also use other dictionaries but sometimes I like Hanping better.

Thank you.

hanping
Site Admin

Re: Will there ever be an iOS/iPhone Version?

Post by hanping »

Hi Ernie - at the moment we are focusing on Android. If, at a later date, there is sufficient interest in an iOS version, we will certainly consider it. If we decide to go ahead with an iOS version, I suspect it would take a year or more to build, so nothing is likely to be available in the near future.

BJones

Post by BJones »

Please make an iOS version!

I have used the Android app for a number of years. I recently switched to iOS and now feel lost without it.

yshielynn

Post by yshielynn »

The more I use Hanping the more I realize what an excellent Chinese language learning tool it is. It has everything that is of practical and easy use within one excellent app. I hope the developers of this app consider making one for iOS. Definitely looking forward to it.
Thoughtful. Colorful. Spirited. Engaged.

wmaxsen

Post by wmaxsen »

Hi Hanping developers!

I'm just adding myself here to the legion of people at the iOS side who would love to have Hanping for iOS, especially Hanping Popup.
I think you would totally rock the competition if you released Hanping Popup exactly because there is no competition. Hanping Popup would drive the sales to Hanping Chinese Dictionary Pro, methinks.

Please??
Thanks and congratulations on such a useful app.

hanping
Site Admin

Post by hanping »

Thank you for your message! I believe iOS does not allow for that technology, so it is not possible unfortunately.

Josse

Post by Josse »

Ahhhh!!!
I need it....please please....do it!
It is the really best dictionary

cgwilliams123

Post by cgwilliams123 »

I just changed from Android to Apple and then realised I can't use Hanping anymore, gutted!!! Please please please make an iOS version! I'm studying Chinese at University and will be truly lost without it.

ying

Post by ying »

Yes please. I'm also moving to iOS and I have a lot of friends who would use Hanping but they've gor iPhone. They're currently using your competitor app Pleco. For both Cantonese and Putonghua Hanping is so much better.

JesseSteele

Post by JesseSteele »

Former Android, new iPhone user here. I think you should drop roadmap plans for Hanping Android except for bugs and security. It is already great. Refocus on Swift so we can enjoy more greatness in the higher class, growing iPhone community. I will buy everything all over again in the App Store when you do.

There is nothing comparable for iPhone, so you will likely pick up new users and get double money from iPhone converts. Easy choice.