Hanping Chinese Popup Bug Report Thread

Support forum for our fast, user-friendly offline Chinese language study apps for Google Android devices:

Hanping Chinese Dictionary (Lite & Pro)
Hanping Cantonese Dictionary
Hanping Chinese Camera
Hanping Chinese Popup
shayne

Re: Hanping Chinese Popup Bug Report Thread

Post by shayne »

The word 打 (daa) Jyutping translation pronounce it as "dozen" no idea why though.

danyyer

Post by danyyer »

Hi, its my first post in this forum :)
have been using Hanping Dict. , Popup and Camera for over a year now - and I must say you guys have done an excellent job.

I put Android 7.1.1 on my Galaxy Tab S (T800) today (Lineage os 14.1). Unfortunately Hanping popup is not working anymore. I can start the app, and I come to the Introduction Screen, the app asks for permission to use Screencapturing, afterwards the handle appears. But as soon as the handle is moved, it disappears, and there is a small massage flashing in the middle of the screen saying " Hanping could not grab screenshot". There is a screencapturing symbol in the status bar though.

Is it a known issue or might it be a problem with my ROM ?

hanping
Site Admin

Post by hanping »

Hi and thank you for your message. This sounds very much like a problem that occurs on CyanogenMod devices. Unfortunately, I never found a workaround :( . Feel free to email us at [email protected]

kageza

Post by kageza »

Hello,
I use Hanping Popup for over 2 years now on Galaxy S6 (Android 7.0 now). For some time now, maybe a month or two, the recognition makes many mistakes (shows another character), is slower to recognize or sometimes doesn't recognize the character at all and I need to retry a few times. It seems you updated the recognition engine in one of the recent versions, right? It's very annoying to use the popup since then!

Do you have any other feedback on this issue? And any clue?

hanping
Site Admin

Post by hanping »

Hi, thank you for your message. Please send us an email (preferably with screenshots of the text without the cursor handle visible) and I will look into it: [email protected]

Naghiyev

Post by Naghiyev »

Popup app launches normally but does not capture anything on Motorola GS5 with Android 7.1.1 I'm new here is it possible that I'm doing smth wrong?

hanping
Site Admin

Post by hanping »

Hi - please send us an email so we can look into it in more detail: [email protected]

Naghiyev

Post by Naghiyev »

Unfortunately I can't attach screenshot as file size is too large. Basically it doesn't recognize anything . There is nothing to show. I can move it around but doesn't pick anything.

hanping
Site Admin

Post by hanping »

Thank you. I have received your email and sent you a reply.

davch

Post by davch »

Hi. I use popup a lot. It now opens multiple instances of the dictionary. I've used hanping many years and it used to only one dictionary instance... I prefer the old behavior of only one hanping running. DC