How to import starred words from Hanping Lite?

Support forum for our fast, user-friendly offline Chinese language study apps for Google Android devices:

Hanping Chinese Dictionary (Lite & Pro)
Hanping Cantonese Dictionary
Hanping Chinese Camera
Hanping Chinese Popup
Zolbayar

How to import starred words from Hanping Lite?

Post by Zolbayar »

Hi all,
I have been using Hanping Lite for some months and today I bought Hanping Pro. So I want to import my starred words from Hanping Lite to Hanping Pro. If anyone knows how to do that, please answer me. :)

hanping
Site Admin

Re: How to import starred words from Hanping Lite?

Post by hanping »

Hi - this should happen automatically when you install (a prompt asking if you want to import your starred words). Otherwise, please look in the Backup/Restore screen and let me know if this works for you.

Zolbayar

Post by Zolbayar »

hanping wrote:Hi - this should happen automatically when you install (a prompt asking if you want to import your starred words). Otherwise, please look in the Backup/Restore screen and let me know if this works for you.
Hmm, there was no prompt or any popup dialog when I installed the pro version. In the Backup/Restore screen, there is no option to import from lite version.
BTW I installed the lite version from playstore, but I installed the pro version from Amazon App Store due to playstore country restriction.

hanping
Site Admin

Post by hanping »

Ah, that might have something to do with it. Please can you try Backup from the Lite app. Then go back to Pro app is Restore from there. It's okay if both apps are installed at the same time.

Zolbayar

Post by Zolbayar »

When I try to backup from the Lite version it says Pro only

Zolbayar

Post by Zolbayar »

Any advice?

hanping
Site Admin

Post by hanping »

Sent you a PM

Zolbayar

Post by Zolbayar »

Wow, it worked like a charm :D. Thank you for your great support.

hanping
Site Admin

Post by hanping »

Phew - I was worried that you might have uninstalled Lite. Very happy that it worked out well for you. Sorry for the inconvenience and thanks for the heads-up regarding Google Play Lite to Amazon Pro upgrade path being broken! I'll try to fix soon.