set default hanzi

Support forum for our fast, user-friendly offline Chinese language study apps for Google Android devices:

Hanping Chinese Dictionary (Lite & Pro)
Hanping Cantonese Dictionary
Hanping Chinese Camera
Hanping Chinese Popup
地凯文

set default hanzi

Post by 地凯文 »

great app btw... I purchased pro & camera from both amazon & google.
could only purchase the abc dictionaries from google which you are aware of.
I found it is a little frustrating after installing the abc English search results display English... I use the tab that easily switches to 汉字, but why is this necessary? how do I set the default display to 汉字 rather than English?
when I use the app I'm looking for Chinese results, not English, I already know English.
I tried uninstalling the abc English 3 times, but that doesn't seem to work, it's still there. Not that I don't want the English information, it can be there in the background available when I seek it, just not as the default result would be ok. otherwise I will seek to uninstall it because it wastes too much of my time.

hanping
Site Admin

Re: set default hanzi

Post by hanping »

This is a bug - thank you for bringing it to my attention!

地凯文

Post by 地凯文 »

lol great. if you all recognize it as a flaw and are looking into how to correct it than I can live with that.
I did figure out how to uninstall the ABC English so I don't have to deal with the English results.
If I see it's been corrected, I'll reinstall it.

Love these apps... I've been using solely mobile devices for a few years so your apps were always available.
Recently I had to purchase a laptop running Windows 8 & haven't been able to find your software for windows.
Is there a Windows version of Hanping available ?

谢谢您 for your help !

hanping
Site Admin

Post by hanping »

I'm hoping there will be a way to run Hanping apps on Windows 8 some time later this year! Let's see how things pan out.

hanping
Site Admin

Post by hanping »

I have just pushed out the update (4.0.9), so please let me know if this works as expected for you.