Hanping Pro availability outside of Market?

Support forum for our fast, user-friendly offline Chinese language study apps for Google Android devices:

Hanping Chinese Dictionary (Lite & Pro)
Hanping Cantonese Dictionary
Hanping Chinese Camera
Hanping Chinese Popup
JohanW

Re: Hanping Pro availability outside of Market?

Post by JohanW »

Hello,

I would also like to request having access to this app outside of the Market.

One suggestion would be to put it upp on AndAppStore.com where they have no weird exclusion policy; anyone is free to pay for apps there ;) That's an option that's immediately available.

Regards,
Johan

mfc

Post by mfc »

I do have some market apps that update even when I have a non-market sim in.
The way they work is they have a trial version and the market app just gives you a key.
But once you install that key, all updates are available to you even if you have a non market sim in.

The huge advantage is that you only have to swap sims once.
the problem with swapping sims is that you have to re-login and the whole process, including update, takes about 20 minutes.

So I am currently on 2.0.3 as I don't have time to keep swapping sim cards to get your updates.
Generally, I will swap sims in/out/in once a month.

Hope this is useful.

hanping
Site Admin

Post by hanping »

Thanks mfc - that's really useful to know.

I've heard of some users very unhappy with having to have two apps installed. I guess it makes their app lists a little bit longer (although it doesn't sound like much of a problem to me). The biggest problem I see here is existing Pro users. They might not like having to all of a sudden install the Free version - could be very confusing...

I'm hoping Google will announce something soon which will make everything easier for everyone in this regard.

mfc

Post by mfc »

Just to let you know, the google market is now available in Hong Kong (and several other countries) - so my updates now are easy, no need to swap sim cards.

hanping
Site Admin

Post by hanping »

Thanks mfc. Yes, it's a really positive sign from Google. I just wish they would also include China, but I'm not holding my breath!

[email protected]

Post by [email protected] »

so i have flashed my phone so i have the android market place on my phone. then i downloaded z4root and rooted my phone, then i downloaded market enabler so see hanping in the marketplace. i purchased the hanping dictionary pro, but it is no different from the free version. i still can not have audio, the dictionary does not pronounce the Chinese words, and i do not have a favorites when i hit menu. the only difference is i can enter in multiple Chinese words and have them look up sentences.

what happen? why does hanping pro no work on my phone?

hanping
Site Admin

Post by hanping »

Hi - I've just sent you an email. We should be able to figure out what is happening pretty quickly.